What this agreement covers – This agreement covers the a) use of DisrepairClaim website and b) legal enquiries that are forwarded to DisrepairClaim. DisrepairClaim.co.uk is the website that handles any claims management activities.
For the purposes of these terms & conditions “we” relates to DisrepairClaim (a trading style of RJW Assist LTD. “You” relates to you, the customer and engager of the website.
Data Protection Information Notice
a. We and our group companies may use your information to:
• manage your account, carry out customer-care activities and train our staff, including monitoring calls, emails or text messages that you send us;
• monitor the quality and security of the site and test and maintain our IT systems;
• analyse your use of the services for marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, the pages of our site you look at and the services
you purchase as well as your browsing history and use of our websites. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
b. If you do not want to receive marketing messages from us, please contact us through our website or by email at email@example.com
a. We may transfer this agreement to anyone at any time. However, you can’t transfer this agreement to anyone unless we’ve agreed in writing beforehand. We will not unreasonably refuse this request
b. If you or we fail to enforce our rights under this agreement, it will not prevent you or us from taking further action.
c. When you email us with a legal enquiry you are accepting that we shall pass that information on to as many of our panel solicitors as we so choose. If you purchase legal documents, contact any of our commercial partners offering special services or discounts you will be subject to their terms and conditions not those of DisrepairClaim.
d. We’ll send you notices by post, voicemail, text or other form of electronic message and will assume that you have received them 48 hours after we have sent them. We’ll send all written notices served by email to the address you have given. You must tell us about any changes to your email address. If you want to write or email us, please use the registered office address. You can then assume we have received these notices 48 hours after you have sent them.
e. If you have a complaint, please see our complaints procedure which details how to raise a complaint, including further details relating to the procedure.
f. The information is provided by DisrepairClaim and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
g. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
h. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of DisrepairClaim. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. DisrepairClaim takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. laundering, fraud prevention and investigation, identity verification, tracing, debt recovery and asset reunification purposes.”
i. This agreement is under English law, unless:
• you live in Scotland, in which case, it will be governed by Scottish law; or
• you live in Northern Ireland, in which case it will be governed by the law of Northern Ireland.
j. in order to maintain up to date records we may need to perform an electronic identity check. There is nothing that you will need to do, this check is to ensure our data is in order and in turn will help to provide you with an improved service. Credit Reference Agencies who perform this electronic identity check must keep a record when anyone looks at your credit report. This is so that you know who has looked at your report, when and why. The check will only be visible to you and the Credit Reference Agency only. Any information you provide may be also be shared with third parties for anti-money laundering, fraud prevention and investigation, identity verification, tracing, debt recovery and asset reunification purposes.”
Liability and Exclusions:
a. We will not be legally responsible to you for:
• any act of a third party; any loss or damage that is not directly caused by us or which we could not reasonably expect at the time we entered into this agreement with you.
• We will not be legally responsible to you if we cannot provide the services because of something outside of our reasonable control.
a. Upon receipt of an enquiry the Firm will:
• Provide a free (maximum 30 minute) telephone consultation with an appropriately trained and qualified member of staff to explore the initial instructions and advise the Client accordingly;
• Accept responsibility for conduct of the matter;
• Advise the client clearly and honestly;
• Engage the customer and provide them with the highest standards of customer service;
• Ensure suitably qualified staff is available to make initial contact with the client and advise them accordingly;
• Contact the client at their preferred time and if unable to do so contact the client to alert them to this and to arrange another date and time within 48 hours of receipt of the enquiry unless the client requests a later date;
• No client will have their initial appointment/telephone consultation delayed more than once;
• Ensure that the client is advised as to whether their instructions will be accepted or not. The Firm shall within 24 hours of speaking with the client email the Provider to confirm whether the instructions are accepted or rejected. In the event that the instructions are rejected then the reasons as to why must be confirmed in writing;
• Act in the best interests of the client.
• Respond to telephone calls and any other enquiries from the client within 2 working days of the enquiry;
• Advise the Provider as to whether an enquiry is accepted within 24 hours of speaking with the client. In the event that the instructions are rejected then the reasons as to why must be confirmed.
• Advise the Provider of any complaints the Firm receive in respect of either parties conduct within 2 working days.
• Keep up to date the various accreditations required to be a panel member of the Provider for the duration of this term and alert the Provider within 2 working days of any change to this.
DisrepairClaim will not charge customers any fees while providing this service. If a solicitor accepts your claim in order to purse compensation for you, we will receive an introduction fee from the solicitor for our work. This fee will not affect the value of your compensation and is paid to us upon the time of you signing your CFA (conditional fee agreement).
All of the DisrepairClaim panel solicitors can handle your claim on a basis of no upfront fees. However, our solicitors typically charge 25% of the amount recovered, although this will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be more or less than this.
When signing your CFA, you will have up to 14 days from signing this to withdraw without any charges. If you seek to withdraw from your claim after this cooling off period the solicitor may charge you a fee for the work which has already taken place. A full example of these fees will be highlighted to you by the solicitor when you receive your CFA.
Disrepair Claim is a registered Trading Name of RJW Assist LTD. RJW Assist LTD is registered in England and Wales (Company number: 09470548). Registered Address: 40 Cuthbert Road, Stockport, Manchester, SK8 2DT. Licenced by the Information Commissioners Office: registration number: ZA436430. RJW Assist LTD is entered on the Financial Services Register under the reference number: 788094.